Meeting Summaries about Depression
- Closing the Gaps: Reducing Disparities in Mental Health Treatment through Engagement
- September 12, 2011 – September 13, 2011
In September 2011, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) in the Office of the Director and the Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR) at NIMH convened a workshop, “Closing the Gaps: Reducing Disparities in Mental Health Treatment through Engagement.” This workshop brought together thought leaders from a range of fields—epidemiology, psychology, psychiatry, social work, and community-based services and intervention research—and representatives of key federal agencies to discuss the role of engagement in reducing mental health treatment disparities.
- Fresh Perspectives in Perinatal Depression Research: Psychosocial Interventions and Mental Health Services
- October 05, 2010 – October 06, 2010
On October 5-6, 2010, the NIMH Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR) convened a workshop to provide the growing number of early-stage perinatal depression psychosocial intervention and services investigators with the opportunity to discuss research strategies consistent with public health needs and NIMH priorities.
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
- May 07, 2009 – May 08, 2009
A two-day meeting convened in May 2009 educated participants on essential components of care for women with perinatal mood disorders
- Research Roundtable: Heterogeneity in Child and Adolescent Depression
- February 18, 2008 – February 19, 2008
The purpose of this workshop was to discuss empirical evidence for sources of heterogeneity in child and adolescent depression, evaluate the significance of known heterogeneity, and identify promising research directions in this area.
- Benefits, Limitations, and Emerging Research Needs in Treating Youth with Depression
- February 06, 2006 – February 07, 2006
On February 6 and 7, 2006, experts in child and adolescent depression met in Washington, DC to review the state of the science of the treatment of youth depression and discuss approaches to further research.
- Treating Children and Adolescents with Depression: Future Research Questions
- February 01, 2006
In February 2006, NIMH hosted this two-day workshop with the purpose of reviewing the evidence for benefits and risks of existing treatment interventions for youths suffering from depression, identifying knowledge gaps in need of further research, and discussing approaches to future research with respect to design, methods, and implementation.